Jt1.2 has been released. Jt is a lightweight pattern oriented framework for the rapid implementation
of J2EE applications. Jt has been utilized in several large mission critical systems. Jt implements many well-known patterns including Data Access Objects (DAO).
It features messages, attributes, logging/debugging capabilities, resource loading, etc. This framework supports several J2EE technologies including Java Server
Pages (JSPs), JDBC, EJBs, JavaMail, XML and Web Services.
Jt1.2 features support for J2EE Enterprise Java Beans (EJB) via Jt Adapters. EJB clients are able to gain transparent access to remote framework objects. This simplifies the development of EJB applications: no need to deal
with the complexities of EJB application development (deployment descriptors, Home/Remote interfaces, etc). An implementation of the J2EE Service Locator pattern is also provided.
Additional features include:
* Jt is a pattern oriented framework. Jt implements many well-known design patterns. This includes Data Access Objects (DAO), adapters for several J2EE API, etc.
* Jt implements a messaging pattern/API: framework objects are able to interchange information and perform computations by sending, receiving and processing messages. The messaging paradigm provides additional encapsulation and software simplicity. The messaging API implemented by the Jt Framework is very simple: very few calls are required to create, manipulate and destroy messages and objects. On the other hand, this API is very powerful.
* Lightweight/fast framework for rapid development. The framework can be easily extended by adding additional Jt adapters and helpers.
* Support for the JDBC API via a JDBC adapter.
* JavaMail API support via the implementation of a JavaMail adapter
* Web Services support via the implementation of a Web Services adapter. The Jt messaging API greatly simplifies the development of web services.
* Easy customization of framework applications. This is done via resource files: object attributes can be automatically loaded from a resource file.
* Java Server Pages (JSP) support.
* Support for the XML API via XML helpers. Framework objects can be converted to/from the XML format.
* Built-in logging/debugging capabilities. Messages between framework objects are automatically logged. This simplifies the debugging and testing tasks.
* Built-in testing capabilities.
* The Jt Framework provides a consistent way of handling and logging application errors and exceptions.
* Proven technology. The Jt framework has been used for the development of several large enterprise applications.
* Cross-platform, implemented using JavaTM technology.
* Runs on any J2EE 1.4 compatible application server.
For additional information please refer to http://jt.dev.java.net