BnPortal is an open source Java/J2EE web portal system (JSR 168 compliant). It is a fork of the Liferay Enterprise Portal.
Bnportal has the following features:
* Cross-platform, implemented using JavaTM technology.
* Runs on all application servers that supported Servlet (2.2) specification.
* Standardize on a Content Repository API specification (JSR 170).
* Standardize on a Java Portlet API specification (JSR 168).
* Template-based layouts including JSP and Velocity, JSTL.
* Supports remote XML content feeds.
* Custom default home page configuration.
* Database user authentication.
* In-memory cache for quick page rendering .
* Rich Site Summary support for syndicated content.
* Integration with Stxx so that you can develop with the newest XML/XSL technology.
* Wireless Markup Language (WML) support.
* Full Web Application Archive (WAR) support.
* Web Application development infrastructure.
* Local caching of remote content.
* Fully portable across all platforms that support JDK 1.3 and Servlet 2.3.
* Profiler Service to access portal pages based on user, security (groups, roles, acls), media types, and language.
* Persistence Service available to all portlets to easily store state per user, page and portlet.
* Skins so that users can choose colors and display attributes.
* Customizer for selecting portlets and defining layouts for individual pages.
* User, group, role and permission administration via Admin portlets.
* Role-based security access to portlets.