RIFE offers an alternative approach to web application development and design. It builds upon the Java platform, but offers all required tools and APIs to implement and perform all common website related tasks in a fast, intuitive and consistent manner.
RIFE has been designed for perfect separation of tasks during a development cycle. Every developer, dba and designer only has to focus on his own tasks. At any moment the work can be effortlessly integrated with the work of the rest of the team.
This results in a loosely coupled and very robust system. One can make incremental improvements with little or no risk of unwanted side-effects elsewhere in the system.
RIFE is composed out of a large collection of modular parts, which include:
* web application engine,
* integrated web continuations,
* customizable multi-format template engine (html, xml, sql, java, txt, ...)
* support for template content transforming through for example XSLT,
* authentication framework,
* database query builders,
* simple persistance layer,
* fault-tolerant JDBC wrappers and connection pooling,
* web-oriented database utilities,
* central data repository,
* cron-like scheduler,
* configuration framework.
The central part is the engine which formalizes all aspects of dynamic web development. It graciously solves all doubt, confusion and maintenance problems of HTTP's statelessness and liberal CGI interface.